MO HealthNet Medicaid is a government program that provides health care coverage for eligible individuals in the state of Missouri. This program can also provide coverage for long term care services, such as in-home care, assisted living, and nursing home care. If you or a loved one needs long term care services and you’re considering MO HealthNet Medicaid, it’s important to understand what is covered and how you can apply for benefits.
What is MO HealthNet Medicaid
MO HealthNet Medicaid covers a variety of medical services, including hospital care, physician visits, prescription drugs, and medical equipment. The program is funded by the state and federal government, and eligibility for the program is based on factors such as income, family size, and disability status. MO HealthNet Medicaid is an important program that provides healthcare coverage to those who may not be able to afford it on their own. By offering financial assistance for medical services and long term care, the program is designed to ensure that everyone has access to the care they need to stay healthy and safe.
Long Term Care Services Covered Under MO HealthNet Medicaid
When it comes to long term care, MO HealthNet Medicaid can be an invaluable resource for eligible Missouri residents. MO HealthNet Medicaid services that are covered under MO HealthNet Medicaid are:
- Help With Activities of Daily Living: MO HealthNet will cover services that help with activities of daily living such as grooming, bathing, dressing, and eating. This type of help is generally provided by home health aides or personal care attendants.
- Help With Complex Physical Needs: If you have complex physical needs, MO HealthNet can help cover the costs of services, such as skilled nursing care, physical therapy, and occupational therapy.
- Companion Services: MO HealthNet may also cover companion services that provide respite care for family caregivers. These services can give family caregivers time to run errands, attend appointments, or take a break.
- Housekeeping and Other Services: MO HealthNet can cover services such as housekeeping, laundry, meal preparation, shopping, and other services that help you maintain your home.
- Nursing Care: MO HealthNet will cover the cost of nursing home care for eligible individuals. This can include room and board, nursing services, therapy, and other necessary services.
- Supervised Adult Day Care: MO HealthNet may also cover the cost of supervised adult day care programs. These programs can provide socialization opportunities and activities, as well as assistance with daily living tasks.
I Have Questions About My Coverage or Benefits. Who Can I Contact?
Navigating the world of Medicaid coverage and long term care can be confusing and overwhelming. It’s natural to have questions about your coverage and benefits, especially when it comes to something as important as long term care. If you’re enrolled in MO HealthNet Medicaid, and you have questions about your coverage or benefits, the best place to start is with your Medicaid attorney. At Paths Law Firm, we focus on helping individuals and families navigate the complex world of Medicaid coverage and long term care. Our team of the most experienced attorneys and advocates is here to provide you with the support and guidance you need to make the best possible decisions for yourself or your loved one.
Whether you’re just starting to explore your options for long term care or you need help navigating the application process, we’re here to help. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help you access the Medicaid coverage and long term care services you need.